Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stay at Home Hobby

Well as most of you know, I'm staying at home with Carter right now. Let me tell you, it definitely has it's ups and downs. I try to stay busy taking care of Carter, cleaning house, and looking for jobs, but sometimes I just need to do something else! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being with Carter, but it can get a little boring being home all day every day.


So, I've started a new hobby....custom made burp cloths. Now, once I get a few made up, I'm going to take them around to the children's boutiques in town and see if they will carry them. I think they've turned out pretty cute so far.

I'll keep you updated as to whether I can actually get them in the stores or not! Cross your fingers!

9 comments:

Colly said...

Those are really cute!!! Good luck to you, that is a fun and hopefully profitable hobby!!

Papa said...

Looking like you are picking up some of Mom's skills

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I love those! They look great. I hope that somewhere will sell them for you. That will be a great hobby.

Dawn said...

I love them, they look GREAT! I told Mom about setting up a booth at the craft fair, and she just laughed. Maybe that would be an idea???? Who knows. I know that you will be a success at whatever you do, so GO FOR IT!!! Give Carter a kiss from Auntie Dawn. Love you!

Jaysey said...

They look cute to me! Good luck!

Chap and Heather said...

love love love them!! You did a great job! Maybe this could be the new stay at home 'job'??

Chap asked if you could make one that's towel size for me to eat dinner on?

=)

Cookie and Poppy said...

I love the burp cloths Amber, and the craft fair idea is great. There was one at the art museum in the spring when we went to Columbia before Krissee's wedding and folks there were selling all sorts of neat homemade stuff. Larry bought a jar of homemade salsa. I love craft fairs. If you make Heather a bib, I want one too for the car. It seems I'm always eating on the run. (What a long comment)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

the craft fair is a good idea, but may be cost prohibitive....i'll have to check into it though!!

Adult bibs...maybe you guys are on the something!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber,
This is Ali (Freeman) Winter. I knew Scott back in the olden camp/youth retreat days. I found your blog through the Days, and it is fun to see your beautiful family. Carter is so cute! I also love your cute burp cloths. Have you considered putting them on etsy? It's a website full of crafty stuff. Or you have so many fans on your blog, maybe start selling them here? :) Ali