Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baby Mullet

I think it's pretty commonly known that some babies can lose their hair after they are born. What's not so commonly known?? That your baby can develop a mullet all on his own. See here's what happens....as your baby sleeps, he can rub the hair off his head in the spots where his head touches the crib. A friend of ours dubbed this the baby mullet and it looks a little something like this....

Ahhhh....too funny! The good news in this situation is that Carter is now growing some new hair and it seems to be filling in the bald spot!


Here's a pic of Carter sitting in his Bumbo seat. I was so excited when he was able to start using it. That feeling was promptly replaced with sadness when I realized that he won't be using it long because when I went to take him out, the seat lifted up too because it was stuck on his little thunder thighs!


9 comments:

Jaysey said...

What is the point of this all-popular bumbo seat?

PS: LMAO @ baby mullet. He will love that when he's older.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

It gives him an assisted sit up position b/c he can't really sit up by himself yet. I think it just gives him a different point of view of everything.

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh, he looks so grown up in that picture. I can't believe how big he has gotten. The baby mullet is too cool. By the way I was supposed to ask you if you and Scott mind if I stay with you guys on October 26th. I have a conference in Columbia and I am going to drive down the night before. Mom said that you are coming home soon, when will you be here? Give Carter a big kiss from Auntie Dawn. Love you! :)

Jen said...

Don't worry. His thighs will thin out again, and he'll fit back in the seat. Of course at that point he'll also probably be active enough that he can try to pop himself out of it. Or at least that's what our little guy did...

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Dawn - the 26th sounds great! Carter is looking forward to seeing his Auntie Dawn. We are going to see Aunt Linda next week, so i'll be there on tuesday for a little while and then back on friday night.

Jen- that's good to know he'll be able to use it some more!

Chap and Heather said...

That picture of him in that seat makes me sad...I think when babies start to sit up they means they are growing up. =( However, this does excite me greatly because I can't WAIT to hear what that little fella has to say soon!!

About the mullet...word on the street is that chicks dig them. Carter is SET!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute. Can't wait to see you and Carter.

Anonymous said...

The bumbo seat gets him in the right position, where is his fishing pole?

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

Baby Mullet is soooo funny!! Glad that its fillin' back in.