Monday, September 15, 2008

Godparents or Bust!

This was Carter's first trip to Rock Hill to see his Godparents, and we had so much fun (once we got there)! Poor boy was just so excited he cried almost the entire way there. When I was just about to throw myself out the window, I pulled over on the side of the exit and hopped in the back to try to comfort him because the hand reaching in the back from the drivers seat was doing nothing. As soon as I got in the back he quit crying and everything seemed to be OK, until I went to get out of the car......and the door was STUCK!! Seriously, I'm on the side of the road in the back seat of the car with my baby and locked in! I had to crawl half way up front and put the key in the ignition so I could roll down the window and open the door from the outside. whew! I thought I might be stuck there forever!

Anyway, once we got to Rock Hill, things went much better! We got to watch the Carolina Game, eat lots of great snacks, hang out with the girls, and have a yummy cook out. They even had a birthday cake for me to celebrate my birthday. Thanks to Heather for letting me completely invade her house with baby gear. I'm serious, I think there was something baby related in almost every room of her house...even the fridge!





Carter and I with the his wonderful Godparents!





Shelly and sweet boy Carter (this pic was way too cute not to show!)

Then after Carter played and smiled for everyone, he went to bed about 8 o'clock and left mom to have some much needed adult time with great friends! I love your friendship girls, and my only regret is that we don't get to share in it often enough!

6 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

I am soooo stealing the 'family portrait' of us to put on our blog. LOVE it! You know I LOVED having my house invaded...it was so special having you here! Thanks so much for making the trip, all the way to the moon and back!!

Chap and Heather said...

PS...I'm glad you showed the one of Shelly with Carter asleep...I thought that was soo sweet too but wanted to also show the one of Shelly's face =) Such a sweet picture of that sleeping boy!!

Jaysey said...

Wow--I can NOT believe you got stuck in the car. The whole time I was thinking, WTF, Scott?? Open the door for her? 'Cause in my head he was driving and you were in the passenger seat. But then I realized you were the only adult. So sorry, Scott. ANyway, I'm sure you were freaking out! But it's kind of funny now. Glad you had a good weekend.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Heather - I'm so glad you were cool with the invasion! I can't wait to see you guys again...soon!

Jenn-haha...I was thinking WTF, Scott, as in WTF have you done to this door and why didn't you tell me it was broken!!

Anonymous said...

Why isin't chap wearing his Carolina jersey?
-Scott

Chap and Heather said...

Ha ha!! Actually, funny you should mention that...he just told me this weekend how he wasn't allowed to wear that b/c some Columbia friends said it was 'not cool'.