Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Life at the Beach

Many of you may know that I spent part of last week visiting my Aunt Linda at her condo in Carolina Beach, NC. Ahhhh....the life. Me, mom, and Carter got there on Tuesday night and basically just spent the next few days hanging around and messin' about. Wednesday we went out to lunch, did a little shopping, and took a ride on my Aunt Linda's boat, the Maggie P. We got Carter all fixed up in his infant life jacket (which was pretty funny on it's own) then he promptly went to sleep. Thursday we went to the local nail place and got pedicures (I do love a pedicure!), walked along the river walk in downtown Wilmington, got some ice cream, and then stopped by the fresh fish market to get some dinner. We picked red snapper, which I've never had but it was very delicious. Friday, my Aunt gave us a little tour of the island before we had to pack our stuff and head home. It was very relaxing and so much fun to spend time with my mom and Aunt!
Carter in his life jacket ready for a ride!

Mom, Aunt Linda, and Carter aboard the Maggie P

The view of the inlet from the balcony (not bad, right!)
All of us on the river walk with the U.S.S. North Carolina battleship in the background.

8 comments:

the holly said...

he is sooo big! so glad you got to get away a bit! kisses to those cheeks!

Anonymous said...

You girls have such a rough life. Glad you had fun. It was great seeing you and Carter as you passed thru.

The Morgans said...

Awwww....that looks like a good time and so relaxing! I am super jealous and Carter looks so adorable in that life jacket!!!

Jaysey said...

LOL @ Carter in the giant infant life jacket! And he went right to sleep! He's so cute--great pic!

Dawn said...

I know you had a great time at Aunt Linda's. I am so jealous that I didnt get to go. Maybe next time...
Love you,
Dawn

Colly said...

oohh, that looked like a really nice mini break! You are very lucky to get some red snapper! Carter looks cute & funny as always! ;-)

Chap and Heather said...

That looks like soooo much fun!!

I am going to have to get a copy of that picture of Carter in the life jacket...I think that picture and Brodey's picture in his XXL life jacket will make for a GREAT frame project =) My two big boys!!

It's so awesome you get to spend fun time with your fam., I know they just loved having you!!

Love you! Good luck at the reunion this weekend...hope you brushed up on your Romey & Michele's dance number! =)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Dad- I know...it's tough being us! :)

Heather - that would be a funny pic with the two of them. I'll let you know about the reunion!