Monday, October 13, 2008

10 Year Reunion

So, my 10 year high school reunion was this past weekend. I know what you're thinking....but yes, I am that old. I know it's shocking but come on we can't stay young forever. Anyway, back to the story of the festivities. I was really unsure about how I felt about going back and seeing everyone. I can't say I was really excited, but I wasn't really dreading it either.
My friend Dana invited us over to her family's beach house to have a cocktail with her and her husband before the big shin dig got underway. After a couple of drinks we decided to head off to the reunion. The actual event was held at a resort in North Myrtle Beach. We arrived about 7ish and mingled and had few cocktails. We finally sat down to eat around 8 and then more gabbing and cocktails followed. There was a huge dance floor although there wasn't much dancing going on. As you can probably imagine, most everyone hung out near the bar which was located on a private porch outside. Scott was a great date, although he did get a little tired of being there and went to wait in the car until I was ready to go. (I think there might have been some football involved or something!)
We finished up the night and arrived back at mom and dad's house around midnight. All in all, it was a pretty fun night. But I can say I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore! and NO, I wouldn't want to re-live those days again!
Summer, Me, and April B.

Me and my wonderful date

Me and April L.


And here is part of the family seeing us off on Sunday. Maggie was there she just didn't make it far enough over to be in the pic. It's kind of a tradition that been started to stand on the porch and wave until you can't see the car anymore....pretty cute! (I think Teagan had something to do with starting this) Oh....and that's my dad on the left-PUT a shirt on Dad! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the reunion was a good one for you. As far as the shirt, as grandmother used to say I am 3 times 7 and it is my porch. MYOB.
Love ya

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

haha!! love you too Dad!

Chap and Heather said...

So cute!! I LOVE the pictures, especially the one of the fam on the front porch!!

You are motivation for me...I have my 10 year coming up, and I have been debating it!!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Heather- I had mixed feelings about it too but I was glad I went. you should do it!

Jaysey said...

Looks like I didn't miss much. It would basically have been torturous for me. I don't really like anyone else from high school; why would I want to spend money to hang out and talk to them? It's like horrible small talk multiplied by 400. Yuck.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

jenn- yes, you would not have enjoyed it at all! but dana and april l. did ask about you.

Colly said...

That looked decent. I didn't really wanna go to mine either. Kinda glad it got cancelled and I didn't have to!