Saturday, August 28, 2010

Doctor Doctor Gimmie the News!

I really not sure if anyone even still reads this, but I'll keep writing when I can anyway.

On Wednesday I noticed that Carter started limping on that same foot he hurt on vacation.  So Thursday, when he was still limping on it I decided it was time to get it checked out.  We spent 2 hours at the pediatricians office getting x-rays and they scheduled an appointment with an orthopedist that afternoon.  Carter and I went home to grab some lunch and a quick nap before heading across town to the orthopedist. Our appoint was at 3:30, but the asked us to come in at 3 to fill out paperwork.  After taking the 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork, I asked the receptionist how long the wait is typically.  She then informed me that they were running an hour to an hour and a half behind today.  WHY then was I asked to be there 30 minutes early to fill out paperwork????  I was livid.

After waiting about 2 hours, we were finally seen.  The doctor looked at Carter's x-rays and said he had a small heel fracture, often called a toddler fracture, and that he would be getting a cast.  We asked Carter if he wanted a band-aid for his foot and he said yes and held his foot out for the nurse to put the band-aid on. He wanted if off for the first five minutes, but he's gotten used to it now.  Thankfully, he only has to wear it  for two weeks.


Only 26 months old and has already had stitches and now a cast.  I think I'm pretty well suited to be a boy's mom.  This stuff doesn't really bother me that much.  I'm not sure how I'd do with the all the emotional stuff of a girl, but all this physical drama with a boy is not too bad.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love reading your blog! Give my little guy a hug and a kiss from Auntie Dawn, and tell him that "I LOVE HIM"

Amber said...

Thanks for the feedback! I will tell him!