Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What's up with the foot?

So, after talking to Scott's mom (a very experienced nurse), she recommended waiting until we got home to go to the doctor about Carter's foot since it didn't seem to be hurting him too much.  We were leaving the mountains for home the following day, so I thought it would be ok to wait.  I called the pediatrician on the way home on Saturday and she said to see how he did once we got home and back in his familiar surroundings.  If he still wasn't putting any weight on it, she wanted me to bring him in to see the doctor the next morning.

Who would have thought, that once we got home Carter would start putting weight on his foot and trying to walk on it.  By Sunday, the kid was hobbling around like nobody's business.  Today - his first day back at school in a week - he did great.  He was limping just a little, but compared to he way was nursing it, I was super happy.  I was so scared he had broken something! Apparently, he was just vying for a little extra attention from G-ma, G-pa and all the aunts and uncles - oh and probably mom and dad too!

While on vacation with a bum foot - Carter got to go to the arcade with his cousins Jackson and Gwen.  From this little adventure, Carter garnered the nickname "our little FDR" for the remainder of the trip - thanks Uncle Sean.  Of course I was not about to carry this child everywhere we went, so I broke out the stroller.  Once inside the arcade, I was wondering how he was going to play any of these games until I found the Skee Ball machines.  This kept him (and us) entertained for a while.  I hope you enjoy this clip of our little FDR.


No comments: