Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm Baaaaaack!

Hello old friend, it's been a while.  Right now we're on family vacation with Scott's entire family.

Family vacation = 16 adults and 9 kids in a 3100 square foot cabin

16 adults and 9 kids = lots of noise and mess

Lots of noise and mess = frequent "time outs" for me and Scott wielding a broom or vacuum within 2 hours of arriving

It's fun though, crazy, but fun!  Today we had a lazy day hanging out and letting the kids have fun playing with each other.  Scott and I had to get out of the house a little bit, so we took Carter out to lunch at Clint's BBQ.  Now we're home and Carter is napping and I might be headed that way soon.  I'm not sure what the plans are for this afternoon.....possibly the Deer Park.

In related news, I won the Blue Diamond Award at work on Friday which basically says I'm doing a bang up job and they're pleased.  But the best part is that the award also came with a small bonus, which I promptly took to the bank to cash before we left because I've heard there is great shopping here in Sevierville, TN. So, outlet stores here I come!!

Here's Carter sitting in the little red fire engine outside of the BBQ place.

Also, I wanted to wish my precious God children a Happy Birthday today!!  I'm going to try to Skype with them today for the first time.  I've never skyped before, so it should be interesting.

Smith and Addison - I love you guys so much and I wish I got to see you all the time! I hope your 2nd birthday is full of CAKE!!

No comments: