Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Treats

Wow, what a jam packed Thanksgiving! We spent Thanksgiving this year with my side of the family in Myrtle Beach. We drove down on Wednesday and since Scott had to return home on Friday, mom said she would bring me back to Columbia on Tuesday, which equaled tons of fun with the family. Thanksgiving was actually pretty typical. Mom made a great meal and everyone came over to enjoy the food and family. Carter got his first taste of sweet potatoes and boy did he enjoy that. Then Scott and Carter had to take a little nap after all that eatin'! Next, the girls got around the table with all the sale papers and mapped out our plan of attack for BLACK FRIDAY. We always have so much fun, but I'm always super exhausted afterwards. We started this year by meeting at Wal-Mart at 5am. Let me tell you, those are some crazy people at Wal-Mart; you could barely even move in the electronic section!
Here is Carter and Holly hanging out on the couch after a busy busy day.

One night while I was home Maggie and Teagan decided to spend the night. Well, Teagan didn't want to sleep with me so she made a pallet on the floor next to Granny and Papa's bed which worked great until about 4 in the morning. Teagan woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep on her pallet, so this is how I found her and Granny the next morning at 7am.

Saturday we went to Carolina beach to visit my Aunt and cousin. We went to the mall and all got pedicures for my mom's birthday! Here we are hanging out on the bench while the other girls rode the two story carousel in the mall.

Here is Auntie Dawn and Maggie playing with Carter while we were shopping.

And finally, one of my favorite pics.....we had to make a trip to wal-mart to get some baby food for the kiddo and I ran across dad on the printer aisle "sit shopping" (a term I coined from this photo). I feel you Dad, shopping is such hard work!

Anyway, it was so much fun to get to spend so much time with the family. Mom brought be back on Tuesday and stayed until Sunday and boy did we get some sewing done!! I'll post pics soon of some of our projects.

4 comments:

Courtney Heinlein said...

WOW! It does sound like you had a busy holiday. I can't believe that you guys were brave enough to battle the crowds on Black Friday...no thank you! I love the pictures of Carter...he is getting so big:)

Chap and Heather said...

So much fun, I love the pictures! When do I get to see that big boy??

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

heather-I don't know...we need to try and work something out. I would love to see you before christmas.

Jaysey said...

Sounds like a busy and happy Thanksgiving! Glad you enjoyed the time with your family!