Sunday, April 19, 2009

The New Babysitter

Carter has discovered the doggie door lately and has been absolutely fascinated by it. He'll sit there for seriously 30 minutes just playing. It's really great when I'm in the kitchen doing something and he can just play right there with the doggie door. It's a little inconvenient for Calhoun and Belle since sometimes they get trapped on the other side. Belle can normally sneak through, but poor Calhoun doesn't want to jump through on Carter so he just sits outside and waits. And sometimes mommy even gets trapped outside especially if I've gone out to check the laundry or something. Thankfully someone has always been there to move him out of the way, but I can see a time when either I have to crawl through myself or pull him through (the more likely option). Carter's only fallen all the way through one time, which I think is pretty amazing since most of the time he's hanging half way out.



6 comments:

Jaysey said...

Those are great pictures! And why wouldn't he be fascinated by the doggie door? It's cool. It's not like a real door--over which he has no control--he can actually use this one. And on one side there some things, and on the other, there are totally different things. It's just cool.

Chap and Heather said...

Ha! That is the greatest thing ever!! It makes me want to get a doggie door, especially after Jenn's description! Too cute!

Colly said...

Yes, Jenn really gives special meaning to the doggie door!! It's like the gateway to an alternate universe. ;-) Those are really funny pictures.

Dawn said...

Those are GREAT pics. I want copies of them to scrap- they will make a cute page. How is Carter> Is he feeling better? Give him a hug and a kiss from Auntie Dawn.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Jenn - I haven't thought about it like that, but you're right!

Dawn -Carter is doing much better...back in full swing!

Daniel said...

I love your title for this!