Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter and More

We had a wonderful first Easter with Carter. We went to my parents’ house Friday after work, and Carter just spent the whole car trip looking at himself in the baby mirror and laughing. Saturday me and mom went to the mall and just paled around. It was so must fun just hanging out and doing whatever we felt like. We also went to the outlet stores where we hit a really good sale at the Carter’s outlet. Of course, Carter and Noah got a few new items.
Sunday was really fun! We all got up and Carter had to check out what the Easter bunny left in his basket. He was a huge fan of the yogurt melts. Yummy! Really he’s a fan of any food, but he seemed to particularly enjoy these melts. After that, we all got ready and headed to church. Me, mom, Scott, Carter, Holly and Teagan all went to church at the church we grew up in. It was a great service and we even got a few pictures of us all dressed up in our church duds.
After church we headed back to mom’s where we met up with the rest of the gang for dinner. Mom and dad fixed ham, potato salad, green beans, deviled eggs…..all the delicious Easter favorites. It was so very very good! Then of course it was time to hunt Easter eggs. I think everybody took a turn hiding the eggs for Teagan. She loved trying to find them all. Anyway, while I was helping Teagan find the eggs, Holly was holding Carter and she says to me, “I think he feels kind of hot”. So, she takes him inside to take his temp and sure enough 102.2. GREAT! I’m telling you, we just can’t catch a break

Carter had a doctor’s appointment on Monday anyway to see if his ear infection was gone, so that did work out pretty nicely. Scott took him to the doctor on Monday and the good news was that his ear infection was finally gone. The bad news was that he had a highly contagious virus. My poor baby….he just can’t seem to get over the hump. So, not only did Scott stay home with him Friday because the daycare was closed on Good Friday, he also had to stay home with him on Monday. I really didn’t know what to do, because Scott really needed to get back to work and I had to take more days than I actually had when I was sick a couple of weeks ago. I could take unpaid leave, but who can afford that, really?! I called home and Dad said he could come to the rescue! So, Papa came up to keep Carter on Tuesday (and possibly Wednesday if he still had a fever). They got along GREAT. Papa said Carter did wonderful and he had no problems whatsoever! I was a just a little worried, because up until this point Carter cried every time Papa held him. But I guess when it was just the two of them Carter straightened his act up.

Anyway, Carter is doing much better and actually went back to day care today. So thanks Papa for bailing us out of a jam. You’re a lifesaver!


4 comments:

Chap and Heather said...

Ahhh, his hair is getting even longer and blonder and I LOVE it!! Ya'lls Easter picture is too adorable, I hope everyone is healthy finally! Can't WAIT to see you next weekend!! Love you!!

Colly said...

I'm sorry to hear about all your sicknesses. Day cares are just giant disgusting germ factories, aren't they. But a very necessary evil I guess.
I love the face Carter is making in the last one!

Jaysey said...

What a happy looking family! You're so lucky your parents are always so willing to chip in!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

He is getting so big. I'm so glad that we got to hang out on Easter. And poor baby can't catch a break. I hope that he starts feeling better soon! love you!