Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Where's the ark?

Carter and I went home this weekend to see baby Noah. He is sooooo tiny. Right now, he’s 6lbs. 3oz., and he’s doing very well. I almost forgot what it was like to have a baby that small. Of course, Carter was never that small, not even at birth! But, mom cooked a delicious meal and we all got to just hang out and spend time together. All of us but Dawn and Teagan, that is. Poor Dawn and little Teagan were exiled to Dawn’s place because Teagan was running a fever. Of course, Teagan didn’t need to be around Noah or Carter if she was sick, so Auntie Dawn took care of the sick babe!

On Sunday night, Scott was running Carter’s bathwater as I was trying to get his bottles ready for the next day when something went dreadfully wrong. Scott yells for me to come watch the baby because he’s not getting any hot water and needs to check on the water heater. Scott goes down and screams back up, “We’ve got a BIG problem”!! Carter and I go down to check it out and sure enough the hot water heater is busted and our downstairs is now flooded! I mean squish squish squish when you walk across the carpet flooded. Perfect! What else were we going to do with the tax refund we just got back?

Anyway, Scott calls a plumber who helps him get the water heater drained. Meanwhile, I’m heating up water on the stove so I can bathe Carter. Now normally he could just skip his bath and that would be fine. Of course tonight at dinner he had to get his little hands greasy and rub them in his hair. So now he looks like the poor baby from across the tracks and I cannot send him to day care looking like this. AND, this morning I had to run to our neighbor’s house at 7am to take a shower. But the plumber came back and replaced the water heater this morning, so now our only problem is getting all the water out of the carpet….and we’ve borrowed a shop-vac and Krissee has a shampooer she is loaning us. Hopefully we’ll be successful with all those implements!

Now as if that wasn’t enough, the day care called today and Carter has a rash on his legs and one arm and need the doctor to check it out, although it doesn’t seem to be bothering him AT ALL. He’s playing fine, eating fine, and sleeping fine. But they want to make sure it isn’t contagious or anything…and I’m thinking….if it is contagious, where do you think he got it (probably DAY CARE)! Classic! So, I’m off to the pediatrician this afternoon to check out this rash that is probably nothing. But I’ll definitely keep you posted.

Update: As I’m removing my foot from my mouth, the pediatrician is telling me that Carter is having an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin he’s on for his ear infection. This means he can never ever ever have amoxicillin again as it can (but doesn’t always) cause a fatal reaction. WHEW – Thank God it was just hives this time. Carter’s ear infection is still not better, so the doc had to give him some other type of antibiotic. Hopefully this will work and Carter will be feeling better soon!!

6 comments:

Krissee said...

Things have to get better now. I sure hope they do.

Colly said...

Jeezzzzz. What a freakin week, huh. I hope things get better soon too.

Jaysey said...

Man, that's a bad week. I'm glad all Carter got was a rash. Amoxicillin is pretty common, so good thing you found out he's allergic. I'm also glad he didn't catch some funky skin thing from the daycare 'cause that would be pretty gross and make me want to go there with a bottle of disinfectant--and never want to send my kid there again. Of course, I guess kids are pretty germy, so...
Anyway--good luck with the carpet. That sounds like it will suck--I hope it all comes up and doesn't mildew or anything. I just pictured myself in that situation, and I was crying on the floor...good thing I no longer have carpet. Of course, my hot water heater is udner the house, so I don't know how that would turn out if it busted. Oh, well.

The Morgans said...

That sounds horrific! I am glad the week is over for you! Now if Carter can just get well!

Chap and Heather said...

I know I talked to you on the phone about all this, just had to comment =) I hope everything is getting better! I think the title of this post is cute...if it's any consolation?? Love you!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I am hoping that everything is going much better now! I love you!!