Monday, March 9, 2009

The Fun Never Ends

There’s been so much that’s happened lately, I’m not sure what to write about. This is the problem when you don’t blog as frequently as you should. It’s hard getting back into the working routine and Carter’s daycare routine. I find I just don’t have as much time to do things like blog. By the time I get off work, pick up carter, fix dinner, bath Carter, and get him in bed, all I really want to do is just lay on the couch and decompress for a while. (and watch lots of mind numbing reality TV!) Oh well, I’ll try to give you a recap of the events of the last few months.

First of all, Carter went to his friend Matt’s 4th birthday party. It was really cool. We all met at a little ice cream store and then walked a couple of blocks down to the fire station. After a tour of the trucks and a demonstration of their features, we all headed back for cake and ice cream. Carter had chocolate and loved it!


After that, it was off to the circus. The circus came to Florence in February and Granny wanted to take carter and Teagan. So, we met in Florence, had Chucky Cheese for lunch, and headed off to the show. Carter was mesmerized by all the flashing lights and loud music, but eventually he tuckered out and had to take a little nap sometime during the elephant performance. But overall, I think he really enjoyed the show.


Now, let’s get to this past weekend. We just HAD to get out and enjoy the fabulous weather. Saturday, Uncle Sean called to see if we wanted to take Carter to Frankie’s Fun Park. We said, absolutely! We rode go carts, hit some balls in the batting cage, and even Carter slide down the big slide and rode a little kiddie ride. On Sunday, we still wanted to take advantage of the weather, so we decided to walk Carter to the park down from our house. Carter played in the mulch, hung on the rings, crawled on the play equipment walkways, AND he even slide down the slide by himself. I’m not too sure he loved that though according to what Scott said his face looked like coming down, but he didn’t cry! Here are the cute cute photos we got at the park. I hope I haven’t bored you to tears, and I’ll definitely try to post more often to avoid these novel entries!





And personally I just love this picture!

6 comments:

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I love love love all the pictures. Carter is so cute in his hat. I think my favorite is him looking through one of the rings!! I can't wait to see ya'll again. Soon hopefully!

Love ya!

Chap and Heather said...

Those truly are some GREAT pictures! I can't believe how big he's getting!! He's like a little man on some of those rides. Good thing I get to see him this weekend, I can't wait! Love you!

Jaysey said...

Those pictures are great--Carter is having lots of fun Kodak moments!

Colly said...

WOW! You guys are having loads of fun lately!! His hats are really cute!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Holly-we're looking forward to seeing you soon too. just a couple of weekends away!

Heather-it feels like it's been forever....i'm glad it's this weekend too.

Jenn & Colly - We've been having tons of fun in all this sunshine!

Anonymous said...

I see the working family pace has caught up with you. It is great that you can find time to enjoy the little things together. By the way Mom and I love the last pic the best.