Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I know My Husband Loves Me

I know this because he tries to make me happy even when it doesn’t make him happy. Let me explain. We’ve had a leaky toilet problem in my bathroom for several months now. After draining, drying, replacing bolts and caulking SEVERAL times over the last couple of months, it still leaks. Scott even got a friend to come look at it to see if he could do anything for the sick potty. To no avail, the potty was dying and was going to have to be replaced by a younger non-leaky model.

If you’ve ever seen my bathroom, you would know it’s about the size of a shoebox, for a pair of flats at best. I can stand on the rug and touch every wall, you get the idea? Being that I have such limited space, I’ve commandeered the potty as my vanity stool. I sit on it in the mornings as I put on my make-up and dry my hair. It’s taller than a regular toilet, so it’s the perfect height for me to see everything in the mirror. You can probably see where I’m going with this.

Scott makes a trip to Lowe’s and I think to myself that I should ask him to get a tall one, just like the one that was in there. I call him, but it’s too late. He’s already purchased the potty and is heading home and it’s not tall. It can’t be that bad; I’ll just have to live it, right? So, our friend comes to install the toilet the next day. I get home from work and seriously it’s like I’m sitting at the kids table. I can’t see the mirror anymore, and my morning getting ready routine is just going to be miserable like this.

You know how you feel utterly ridiculous when you you’re trying to ride a bike that you’re too big for? That’s how I felt trying to get ready on this toilet. Needless to say, I hate it! I know Scott loves me; because even though this is going to cost more money, eat up of more of his time and be just a pain in general, he’s fixing it, for me. He’s not happy about it, but he IS fixing it. And that says a lot. How did I get such a loving, caring husband?

8 comments:

Dawn said...

You are just one of the lucky ones- always have been, always will be.... But that is really sweet of him. How is Carter?

Jaysey said...

What a great guy!

Colly said...

That is some special treatment, haha! I don't think that would fly where I come from! ;-)

Amber said...

Carter is great! (other than his snotty nose) He's walking more and more every day.

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

How is he fixing it? Is he going to get a taller toilet?

Amber said...

yes taller toilet, which has been affectionately nicknamed "your handicapped throne" haha!

papa said...

We guys do not always get it right but sometimes we do. I am sure you have done the same kind of love display for him.
Papa

Chap and Heather said...

Hooray for a happy toilet...and a happy wife :)