Monday, June 22, 2009

The Blues

I'm so sad today. I think I just need a really good cry. Which could potentially happen at any second. I know I need to update my blog with the latest happenings of the Rankin family, but I'm so unmotivated. I think the blahs started this morning when I dropped Carter off at day care. Since they are closing, all of the kids in Carter's class have already found some where else to go, so this morning I dropped him off and he was the only kid in his class. I felt so sad for him. I know now (after picking him up) that he played in the 2 year old room all day and did "pretty well". But still, this is going to be a big adjustment for the kid.

I did get a call from the new day care and they can take him the second week in August which works out pretty good I guess. But, I'm still just so sad over the closing! I know he will adjust, but I love that day care and his teacher!

Also, I found out today that Krissee and Daniel put in an offer on a condo in Pawleys Island. While I'm so happy for the two of them, this also makes me sad. Krissee has been such a great friend and is one of my best friends. She was my only friend when I moved to Columbia (although I've made great friends since being here). We have so much fun together and we got to share our pregnancies together and enjoy being at home with the babies together. It just won't be near the same not having her here. Not to mention my two God children-I'm going to miss those cute little faces like crazy. I had completely convinced myself they would be here for a while because it would take a while for their house to sell, now they have a plan and could be moving very soon. I know we can go visit and all of that, but it's just not the same as being in the same town. You just don't get to see each other near enough. I know this because I've done this before....except the last time, I was the one leaving. (which didn't make it any easier by the way)

Anyway, I'll get over it. I just need some time to be sad about it. K & D -I'm going to miss you & the kiddos so much! (Also, I hope I didn't put too much of your bizness out on the street, but it was on Facebook so I figured it was ok)

10 comments:

Jaysey said...

That's definitely a couple good reasons for the blues! Good luck adjusting!

Amber said...

on top of that, Carter got up from his nap at 7:30 and literally screamed (through dinner, diapering, bath, and pj's)until I put him back to bed at 8:30...thank God today is almost over. Hello Tuesday, I'm ready for you.

Kate said...

hugs amber! hopefully you got a good cry last night and then a good night's sleep. we're all going to miss the days! but i know y'all have a very special connection. hopefully tuesday will be a better one! love you!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I hope that today turned out better for you than yesterday. I'm sending lots of love your way in the hopes that your spirit has been uplifted in some way today. I know how sucky it is to feel like that. I love you.

papa said...

Love to you sweetie

Chap and Heather said...

I'm so sorry, I know this is going to be tough for you. Just remember I'm right down the road, and with the little one on the way, we'll need to see LOTS more of Aunt Amber!! I love you so much and am here for you always!!

ps...just think of the fun beach memories we'll be able to make now with all the babies!!

Daniel said...

We'll miss you too. We're serious about y'all using the 3rd bedroom...a lot.

Krissee said...

I love you Amber and I'm really going to miss you. By the way this post made me son like a baby. I promise to visit as much as I can so our families will always be close.

Krissee said...

That was supposed to say cry not son like a baby.

Colly said...

I'm sorry you are sad. On the upside, just try to think of the wonderful BEACH memories you'll get to make!.......you should probably just move back to Rock Hill. ;-)