Friday, January 2, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

I know I'm a little late on the Christmas post, but I really haven't had the time. I figured better late than never, though. Other than being sick and then getting all the Rankin's sick, Christmas was great. My sister in law Shea and her husband and son stayed with us for a few days before Christmas and Carter and Caleb got in some fun play time. Caleb really liked pushing Carter around in his walker. This is when Scott and I were sick and couldn't get out of bed, but Shea and Eric so graciously helped with Carter. THANK YOU! (and I'm so sorry we got you sick!)
We always celebrate Christmas eve with Scott's side of the family. We got together at Sean's house this year for a wonderful dinner that Heather made. Then we proceeded to open presents while poor Sean was upstairs in bed, sick. Sorry Sean, but Carter loved the truck you got him for Christmas.
After we opened presents, Scott's mom played guitar and we all sang a few carols before going home to get ready for midnight mass.
On Christmas morning, we got up and Carter got to check out all the goodies Santa left him. Here he is checking out his stocking.
Then we got in the car and headed to Myrtle Beach to do Christmas with my family. This is Teagan opening the train table Granny and Papa got her for Christmas.
After presents, we had a great meal that mom prepared. Carter and I stuck around until Sunday when we got kicked out because Granny and Papa came down with the bug! So, we headed back to Columbia. Then we got to visit Aunt Heather and Chap (Carter's godparents) for the day. Here's Aunt Heather trying to convince Carter to take a nap. He wasn't falling for it though.

All in all, it was a great Christmas with family and friends and it will probably go down in the books as the year everybody got sick. I guess that gives us something to look forward to next year...a healthy Christmas!

4 comments:

Jaysey said...

Sounds like you had a good time in spite of that nasty bug. But hopefully next year will be even better!

Chap and Heather said...

Awww...I miss that little fella! Thanks again for making the trip to visit me, it made my Christmas break 2008 complete!!

I love you guys and am so happy Carter had a wonderful first Christmas!! =)

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I'm so glad that you got to come and stay a while. Wish you could have stayed a little longer. Take care of momma while she's there. Don't let her get too tired. Love you.

Dawn said...

Ok you have to edit the pic of me and teagan- call me....

How is the new job???? Sorry I havent called.
Dawn
Love you