Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Working Girl

I'm officially a working girl (Scott and Dad have been calling me that lately). I'd much rather be stay-at-home girl, but oh well. Work is going really well. I've been training this week and reading up on the insurance industry.

I got to work on Monday and was pleasantly surprised by the size of my cube. It's really pretty large, and they had a banner up that said "welcome to the team, Amber" which they all signed. On Tuesday they took me out to lunch to welcome me also. Everyone is really nice and likes to joke around, so they seem pretty easy going. I really think it will be a good fit.

I sure do miss Carter though. It was everything I could do NOT to cry on Monday, but I didn't. And Granny is taking excellent care of him!

6 comments:

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

It'll get easier for you. Trust me!! I'm glad that the new job seems to be a good fit for you. It will get easier to leave Carter at home. You'll get back into the swing of things. Love you!

Chap and Heather said...

It sounds like the new job is perfect for you! I didn't realize after talking to you this week that it was so tough for you on Monday, that makes me sad =( I can imagine that would be difficult. Man...if you were on the verge of tears, can you imagine what may happen to me when my time comes?? oh man...

Anonymous said...

It will be great sweetie, Love you

Courtney Heinlein said...

I'm so happy that your new job is going so well. I know how hard it is to leave the little one and head off to work. Sutton is starting preschool on Monday and I know I'll be bawling!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

yea, it's definately tough. I really miss him. I'm sure it will be much worse when i have to drop him off at daycare instead of leaving him at home with Granny.

Jaysey said...

Sounds like a good work fit. I'm glad it seems to be going well for you.