Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Aunts

Carter sure has been a busy boy with all of his visitors lately. A couple of weeks ago, Auntie Dawn came to stay with us on a Sunday night because she had a conference in town. While she was here, her and Carter played all night. They spent some time on the computer and then played with the toys in his room. After play time, Auntie Dawn gave him a bath and then read him some books before bed. Once Carter got to sleep, I lit some candles on the birthday cake I made and serenaded Dawn with Happy Birthday since her birthday was two days later. Thanks for the visit Auntie Dawn, come back anytime!

Playtime on the computer
Auntie Dawn reading to Carter

Next on the visitor log book was Aunt Heather. She came down on election day to go shopping with me, Krissee, and all the kiddos. Now, I'm not sure what she was expecting, but we didn't end up doing a lot of shopping. Between feeding babies, changing diapers, taking them in and out the car, getting them in strollers, etc......there just wasn't a lot of time left to shop! But we did manage to get a little done.

Aunt Heather also got a birthday cake and a serenade because her birthday is coming up really soon! Anyway, thanks for making the trip down Heather! We loved seeing you and having your help with the babies!!

Me, Heather, and all the kiddos waiting on the elevator (and boy did we fill that elevator!)

6 comments:

Daniel said...

I like how your title is a play on "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants."

:)

I've got a book for you next time I see you -

Dawn said...

I guess you can add another log in that book if we all come next weekend... I will be there Thursday and Friday for a conference again, so I will call you and maybe you and Carter can meet us somehwere, ok??

Chap and Heather said...

Hooray for babies!! I loved my baby time, and I really wish I had one of those baby bjorn things on ALL the time...I guess I'll need an actual kid in it too b/c that would just look weird if I walked around wearing that by itself. I LOVED seeing you guys and I really LOVED my cake =) It was so yummy, thank you for being so thoughtful! Love you!! =)

Tell Scott I promise to come see him next time! ;)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

days - thanks!

dawn - i would love to meet you, anywhere!

heather - funny you say that b/c this weekend I had my carrier on but scott had the baby and some lady passed by and said "I think you lost something"

Cookie and Poppy said...

I love Carter's expression in the stroller. Heather, I think Smith liked his Bjorn time too! I am so glad you could all get together.

Courtney Heinlein said...

Amber I love that you added me as your friend and, if you don't mind, I returned the gesture:) Your little boy is an angel and I'm excited to reconnect with you and everyone else through this blogging world:) Love ya!