Thursday, September 30, 2010

Saving Udders One by One

Lately I’ve been trying to go on a “dairy free” diet, which is incredibly hard.  I know, I know.  I’m sure your first question is why?!  Well, I have psoriasis , a skin condition, for which there is no cure.  There are steroid medications that you can use which do help with the symptoms. Of course, I can’t use said medications because I’m pregnant. So basically I want to itch my skin off and sometimes I think I might because I’m scratching so hard.  (sorry, I know that’s gross, but such is my life). 
Now I’ve heard from a family member that a vegan diet has helped the psoriasis in her family, but that they particularly notice flare ups after consuming dairy products, hence the dairy free diet.  I thought instead of going with the whole bean enchilada (vegan diet), I’d try the dairy free version first.  Great theory.  The problem is - do you know how much stuff has milk or cheese in it?  It’s absurd!! Seriously, I’m not kidding, it’s obscene!
So, I’m trying to go dairy free but then I’ll eat something and then think – oh, I bet that was made with milk, crap!  Seriously, it’s in everything! By the time I actually get this figured out, I’ll probably not be pregnant anymore.  Problem solved!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

solved until your kid has a dairy allergy and you can't have it because you are nursing! welcome to my world!
haley