Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Nephew

So, I'm a little late on this post seeing that Noah, my new nephew, was born on January 19th, but better late than never. My dad totally thinks he's on a roll with the birth of Noah upping the number of boys in the family. Now he has a couple of little grandsons to pal around with and impress with his vast knowledge of hunting and fishing. I'm sure they won't mind a bit.

Anyway, Noah was born 9 weeks early and has been living out his first weeks of life in the hospital. At first he was sent to the NICU in Florence, but has been moved back home to the hospital in Conway for the last week. The doctors said he was doing well and as soon as he learned to eat from a bottle he could come home. Well, over the last day, Noah has been working so hard to learn to eat that he was letting his oxygen levels drop. This was no good, and the doctor decided to put his feeding tube back in for now. So, it looks like Noah won't be coming home as soon as we thought, but we'd much rather him come home healthy!



What a cutie!?

My first visit with Noah at the NICU in Florence

I sure am ready to get my little hands on that guy. I do have to say that my sister has been an absolute trooper through all of this. I can't imagine how hard it is to have a baby and then not get to even hold him until he's 3 days old. I'm so proud of her!

4 comments:

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

Thanks hun! I did have a big meltdown today though. But I guess only having one in almost 4 weeks is not too bad, huh?

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

no, that's not too bad at all!

Chap and Heather said...

I can't imagine how Holly is feeling?! It has got to be the hardest thing in the world not to have your baby home with you! He is absolutely beautiful, and I can see why she misses him so much!

Colly said...

oh, what a teeny weenie beanie. Poor little guy. Hopefully he can come home soon!!!